Suffolk County police arrested three people for selling e-liquid nicotine to minors at businesses located in the Town of Huntington.
In response to community complaints, 2nd Precinct crime section officers and representatives from Suffolk’s Department of Health Services Tobacco Regulation Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors at 11 businesses.
The following people were arrested and charged with second-degree unlawfully dealing with a child:
- Ramazan Gurler, 49, of Deer Park, employed at Planet Gas on Pulaski Road in Greenlawn
- Tasabbir Hossain, 25, of Ronkonkoma, employed at 110 Convenience on Walt Whitman Road in Huntington Station
- Somesh Dhawan, 30, of Queens Village, employed at Evolve IV Smoke Shop on Jericho Turnpike in East Northport
The owners of the above businesses were issued a notice of violation by the county’s Department of Health.
The following businesses complied, and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors:
- Smoke Shop, located at 6318 Jericho Turnpike in Commack
- Long Island Vape, located at 469A East Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station
- Gotham Smoke & Novelty Shop, located at 681 East Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station
- Whatever Vape Shop, located at 675 Jericho Turnpike in Huntington Station
- East Coast Psychedelics, located at 6124 Jericho Turnpike in Commack
- Liquid Lyfe Vapor Shop, located at 6160 East Jericho Turnpike in Commack
- Gulf Gas, located at 253 Broadway in Greenlawn
- Mr. Tobacco, located at 2031 Jericho Turnpike in East Northport
The three people arrested were issued field appearance tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on a later date.