Suffolk County Police have arrested two people as a result of a month long investigation at businesses located within the 4th Precinct. Fourth Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of alcohol to minors during which nine businesses were checked for compliance with the law in Commack, Smithtown, Kings Park and East Northport, according to police.
The following clerks were arrested and charged with first-degree unlawfully dealing with a minor after they sold alcohol to a minor.
- Thomas Watson, 22, of Northport, employed at Speedway gas station, located at 152 East Northport Road, Kings Park
- A 16 year-old male juvenile, employed at BP gas station located at 94 Pulaski Road, Kings Park.
The following establishments were in compliance:
- Shell gas station, located at 700 Commack Road, Commack
- BP gas station, located at 621 Commack Road, Commack
- Citgo gas station, located at 100 Crooked Hill Road, Commack
- Speedway gas station, located at 2104 Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- Speedway gas station, located at 38 Indian Head Road, Kings Park
- Mobil gas station, located at 819 W. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown
- BP gas station, located at 1007 W. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown
Watson and the juvenile were issued Field Appearance Tickets and are scheduled to appear in First District Court in Central Islip Jan. 2, 2018. The State Liquor Authority is conducting a follow up investigation.