Brookhaven Town and American Safety Inc. are teaming up to offer defensive driving classes to help keep residents safe on local roads.
Classes consist of two three-hour sessions or one six-hour session and reward participants with certificates of completion and professional advice on how to avoid crashes. The courses help drivers save money on car insurance and allows them to remove up to four points from their licenses.
The Rose Caracappa Senior Center on Route 25A in Mount Sinai will host classes from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on four upcoming Thursdays, including March 17, May 19, Sept. 15 and Nov. 17.
At Brookhaven Town Hall in Farmingville, in the second-floor media room, courses will alternate between the three-hour sessions and the six-hour sessions. They will be held on:
• Tuesday, Feb. 23, and Wednesday, Feb. 24, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, March 22, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, April 19, and Wednesday, April 20, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, May 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, June 21, and Wednesday, June 22, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Oct. 18, and Wednesday, Oct. 19, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 22, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Dec. 20, and Wednesday, Dec. 21, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
The courses cost $25 for veterans and seniors ages 55 and older; and $40 for all others. To register or for more information, call 631-476-6449 for the Rose Caracappa center and 631-363-3770 for Town Hall.