Suffolk County Police arrested a teen May 23 for selling e-liquid nicotine to a minor at a Smithtown business.
In response to community complaints, 4th Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine at nine businesses in Smithtown, Saint James, Nesconset and Ronkonkoma May 23 from 5 to 7 p.m.
A 16-year-old male employed at Suffolk Vape and Smoke Shop, located on Terry Road in Smithtown, was arrested for selling e-liquid nicotine to a minor.
The following businesses complied and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors:
- Village Kava Bar and Smoke Shop, located on Maple Avenue in Smithtown
- Aroma Smoke Shop, located at on East Main Street in Smithtown
- S & V Convenience Store, located on West Main Street in Smithtown
- Saint James Vape Shop, located at on Lake Avenue in St. James
- VaporFi, located on Smithtown Boulevard in Nesconset
- Citgo, located on Hawkins Avenue in Ronkonkoma
- Best Express, located on Ronkonkoma Avenue in Ronkonkoma
- Lucky Food Mart and Smoke shop, located on Lake Avenue in Saint James
The 16-year-old was charged with second-degree unlawfully dealing with a child and violating the Suffolk County code regulating the sale of e-cigarettes, which includes e-liquid nicotine. He was issued a desk appearance ticket and scheduled for arraignment at a later date.