Hundreds hit the streets of Miller Place/Rocky Point for the 68th annual St. Patrick’s Day parade March 11.
The Friends of St. Patrick’s, founded in 1949 by businessmen John M. Sullivan and George Faulkner, launched the first Miller Place-Rocky Point St. Patrick’s Day parade March 11, 1950.
The parade, moving from Broadway in Rocky Point down 25A toward Miller Place, was led by grand marshal Andrew Streef, co-owner of The Hartlin Inn in Sound Beach, and the royal court, led by queen Jordan McClintock, a senior at Shoreham-Wading River High School. The queen’s ladies in waiting are Miranda Navas of Rocky Point and Melanie Weidman of Sound Beach.
The parade was in memory of James O’Sullivan.