Suffolk County Police and Nassau County Police arrested three people May 1 in connection with knifepoint robberies that have occurred in both counties since February.
Police said a man armed with a knife entered Carvel, located on New York Avenue in Huntington Station, and demanded money last night at approximately 9:40 p.m. The employee complied. The man and two other people who assisted him were arrested outside the store by Nassau County Police Robbery Squad and Suffolk County Police Major Case Unit who were conducting a joint investigation. Shane Cashmore, 30, Paul Drab, 26, of Levittown, and Julianna Pantaleone, 31, of Levittown, were arrested and charged with first-degree robbery for the Carvel incident.
Cashmore has been identified as the knifepoint robber in 17 additional robberies in Suffolk and Nassau Counties. He has been charged in Suffolk County with first-degree robberies for the following crimes:
- The Barn, located on Hawkins Ave., Lake Ronkonkoma, April 30
- Baskin Robbins, located on Sunrise Highway, Bohemia, April 19
- Subway, located on Portion Road, Holbrook, April 18
- The Barn, located on Belmont Ave., West Babylon, April 11
- Carvel, located on Ronkonkoma Ave., Lake Ronkonkoma, April 1
- Subway, located on Sunrise Highway, Copiague, March 20
- Carvel, located at on Montauk Highway, Copiague, Feb. 13
Suffolk County Police Commissioner Timothy D. Sini praised the partnership that led to these arrests.
“These arrests are the result of excellent collaboration between the Suffolk and Nassau County Police Departments,” he said in a statement. “This type of collaboration involves intelligence sharing, daily conversations and meetings and leveraging resources that resulted in the closure of a major case. We are glad to bring this spree to an end.”
Cashmore, Drab and Pantaleone are scheduled to be arraigned today at 1st District Court in Central Islip. No attorney information was immediately available.