Four people were arrested in the Town of Huntington during the evening Jan. 27 for allegedly selling liquid nicotine for electronic cigarettes to minors, according to Suffolk County Police.
In response to community complaints, 2nd Precinct Crime Section officers and representatives from the Suffolk County Department of Health Services Tobacco Regulation Enforcement Unit conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors at 10 businesses between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
The following people were arrested and charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 2nd Degree:
- Sandipkumar Bhatiya, 42, of Ronkonkoma, employed at Mr. Tobacco Shop II, 2031 East Jericho Turnpike, East Northport
- Joanna Oh, 25, of Malverne, employed at Whatever Vape Shop, 675 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- Diville Moss, 20, of Smithtown, employed at East Coast Psychedelics, 6124 East Jericho Turnpike, Commack
- Dean Papas, 34, of South Huntington, employed at Huntington Village Vapes, 4 Elm Street, Huntington
The owners of the above businesses were issued a notice of violation by the Suffolk County Department of Health.
The following businesses complied, and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine to minors:
- FMS Vapes, 825 Walt Whitman Road, Melville
- Long Island Vape, 469A East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- Gotham Smoke & Novelty Shop, 681 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station
- Karma Vapes, 217 Walt Whitman Road, Huntington Station
- Abbey Road Tobacco & Vapor, 63 Larkfield Road, East Northport
- Liquid Lyfe Vapor Shop, 6160 E. Jericho Turnpike, Commack
The four people arrested were issued field appearance tickets and are scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip at a later date.