Suffolk County Police today arrested Donald Gennarelli for committing multiple larcenies from 14 Suffolk County stores over the past two months.
Officers from the 3rd Precinct Crime Section initiated an investigation to multiple larcenies occurring within the area, and discovered that similar larcenies had occurred in other precincts.
The suspect would engage the teller and appear to purchase a product, and when the teller opened the register he would jump over the counter and take money.
Detectives from the Major Case United were assigned to the investigation, and the joint investigation resulted in 3rd Precinct Crime Section Officers Joseph Passantino, and Matthew Fernandez arresting Gennarelli in Islip on Aug. 17.
Gennarelli was charged with larcenies from the following businesses:
- Dunkin Donuts, located at 411 Furrows Road, Holbrook, June 16.
- Dunkin Donuts, located at 19 Bay Shore Road, Bay Shore on June 18.
- Dunkin Donuts located at 280 Sunrise Highway, North Lindenhurst on July 1.
- Dunkin Donuts located at 155 Sunrise Highway Lindenhurst on July 4.
- Dunkin Donuts located at 529 East Main Street, Bay Shore on July 5.
- CVS located at 15 West Main Street, East Islip on July 6.
- 7-11 located at 500 Islip Avenue, Islip, on July 9.
- Dunkin Donuts located at 13 West Main Street, East Islip, on July 11.
- McDonald’s, located at 4498 Sunrise Highway, Oakdale on July 12.
- Dunkin Donuts, located at 13 West Main Street, East Islip on July 18.
- 7-11 located at 4506 Sunrise Highway, Oakdale on July 25.
- CVS located at 1944 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, on July 27.
- Subway located at 1105 Horseblock Road, Medford on August 1.
- McDonald’s, located at 340 Route 25A Miller Place on August 2.
The suspect was charged with 14 counts of petit larceny and aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle. He was held overnight at the 3rd Precinct and is scheduled to be arraigned today at First District Court in Central Islip.
The investigation is ongoing.