Suffolk County police last night arrested four people after conducting State Liquor Authority inspections on June 20 in the Town of Brookhaven.
Seventh Precinct Crime Section officers conducted SLA inspections utilizing an underage police agent.
The police agent attempted to purchase alcoholic beverages from targeted businesses within the Town of Brookhaven.
The following businesses did not comply with the New York State Liquor Authority and sold an alcoholic beverage to an underage police agent:
- 25A Gas Plus located at 613 Route 25A in Rocky Point
- BP Gas Station located at 367 Route 25A in Rocky Pont
- Handy Pantry located at 280 Echo Ave. in Sound Beach
- BP Gas Station located at 1470 Middle County Road in Ridge
The following people were charged with NYS penal law 260.20 — first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child. They were issued field appearance tickets and will be arraigned at a later date.
- Natwarbhai Patel, 55 of Rocky Point
- Alican Mavruk, 54, of Port Jefferson
- Amir Riaz, 55, of Riverhead
- Nicholas Derosa, 16, of Miller Place
The following businesses complied with the New York State Liquor Authority and refused to sell an alcoholic beverage to an underage police agent:
- USA Petroleum located at 681 Route 25A in Rocky Point
- BP Gas Station located at 779 Route 25A in Rocky Point
- USA Gas Selda Corporation located at 1146 Middle Country Road in Middle Island