Suffolk County police have arrested five people after conducting inspections within the 4th Precinct April 14.
In response to recent complaints throughout the 4th Precinct, Crime Section officers conducted investigations into the sale of e-liquid nicotine and alcohol to minors at 17 businesses, utilizing underage agents.
The following individuals were arrested and issued Field Appearance Tickets:
- Shah Asif, 44, of Bay Shore, at Shell gas station at 642 Motor Parkway in Brentwood was charged with one count of second-degree unlawfully dealing.
- James Flone, 54, of Smithtown, at The Smoke Shop at 403 Smithtown Blvd. in Nesconset was charged with one count of second-degree unlawfully dealing and one count of first-degree unlawfully dealing.
- Mohammes Khan, of Flushing, Queens, 58 , at Aroma Smoke Shop at 6 East Main Street in Smithtown, was charged with two counts of second-degree unlawfully dealing.
- Wenwen Liu, 33, of East Meadow, at Smithtown Wines and Spirits at 67 Route 111 in Smithtown, was charged with two counts of first-degree unlawfully dealing.
- Giovanni Galeano, 26, of Central Islip, at Krypton Smoke Shop at 260 Smithtown Blvd. in Nesconset was charged with two counts of second-degree unlawfully dealing.
The following businesses complied and refused the sale of e-liquid nicotine and/or alcohol to minors:
- 7-Eleven at 2045 Jericho Turnpike in Commack
- 7-Eleven at 362 Veterans Highway in Commerce
- BP gas station at 2840 Pond Road in Ronkonkoma
- BP gas station at 402 Rosevale Ave. in Ronkonkoma
- Bullseye Wholesale Beverage at 395A Middle Country Road in Smithtown
- Citgo Mini Mart at 440 Hawkins Ave. in Ronkonkoma
- Cloud Vape and Smoke at 55 NY-111 in Smithtown
- One Stop Deli Inc. at 408 Rosevale Ave. in Ronkonkoma
- Exxon at 323 Jericho Turnpike in Smithtown
- Shell gas station at 444 Commack Road in Commack
- Shell gas station at 560 Middle Country Road in Smithtown
- Suffolk Vape & Smoke at 165A Terry Road in Nesconset
All defendants are scheduled for arraignment June 18 at First District Court in Central Islip.